What’s new with me? My crazy obsession with my cast iron skillet & the Dutch Baby Pancake! I love them & they love me, my husband & my children! Easy to make & Super Yummy!
Here’s my easy Recipe for the Blueberry Dutch baby Pancake ( with endless fruit possibilities🍏🍋🍒🍑)
Lets start with the…
2T Unsalted Butter
1 1/2 c Frozen Fruit of choice (seasonal fresh fruit may also be substituted)
1/2 c Milk
3 T Sugar
1 T or less Vanilla (I love Vanilla)
1/2 c Flour
3/4 t each Nutmeg & Cinnamon (my kids love both)
a pinch of Sea Salt
Powdered Sugar for dusting!
Now for the Baking!
1. Preheat your oven to 425
2. Prepare your cast iron skillet by greasing it or spraying it with a cooking spray. I greased mine with my handy dandy jar of bacon & sausage grease. Keeps my skillet seasoned well.
3. Put your 2 T of butter into your skillet, then into the oven to melt the butter, I put my skillet in the oven during the preheating & it works just fine.
4. When the butter is melted ~ 3 to 5 minutes, remove the skillet from the oven & sprinkle your choice of frozen berries over the butter & set it aside.
5. In a pretty bowl, combine together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla. Whisk to combine.
6. Next, add the flour, nutmeg, cinnamon & salt & whisk will until smooth & free of lumps & bumps. (You could sift if you’d like, I didn’t)
7. Now its time to gradually pour the batter over the blueberries.
8. Bake for ~20 minutes, or until the center is set & browned. Now get ready to watch the magic of the Dutch baby as she puff up the walls of the skillet! Its so awesome, so keep your eyes on this pancake wonder as she bubbles & browns. You don’t want to burn her!
9. When the magical baby is baked, remove her from the oven & snap a shot or two if your coo coo crazy about taking pictures of food like I am🤗 )
Now…. Dust her off nicely with some powdered sugar!
10. Enjoy your Masterpiece!
This Dutch Baby was gone in a flash! I barely got a final picture before it was gone, gone, gone!
Happy Baking Happing Wheeling Happy Camping!
The Aspiring mountain mama