These truly are amazing Corn dogs! I have family to prove it if necessary!
I discovered this recipe on Pinterest & tried these yummy dogs & they are out of this world! Big smiles on everyones faces!
The 1st time the kids enjoyed these, you could see the excitement in their eyes as they were witnessing this wonder… Our Mom just made a corn dog? I know, its awesome!
I was so excited about my great success I wanted to tell someone!
So, I quickly snapped pics & sent them to my husband, with no response, my sisters, no response, my niece… no response… I called my mom & she answered!!! She was excited because I was excited! 💗
Next, I hopped into my car & headed off to pick up my kiddos from school. I still wanted to share this amazing corn dog news!
So, when I got the chance, I basically yelled out to my 3rd graders teacher, “Hey Mr Perez, 💁🏼 I just turned a plain old turkey frank into the most amazing corn dog ever! He was kind & congratulated me😆
Can you tell I love this recipe?
I really couldn’t wait to get the kids home to make more!
Honestly, all the fun happens when your frying these up! When they turn out funky we all crack up & make up silly names for our weird looking corn dogs!
These 2 👆🏼 are from the very 1st batch that I ever made!😜 Not so pretty but just as tasty!
Here is my simple recipe for~ The Amazing Corn dog!
1 cup yellow Cornmeal
1 cup Flour
1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
a pinch of fresh ground Pepper
1/4 cup Sugar
4 teaspoons Baking powder
1 cup of milk plus 2 Tablespoons more
1 quart Vegetable oil
2 packages of Hot dogs
16 Wooden skewers
- Now, in your favorite bowl, combine the Cornmeal, Flour, Salt, Pepper, Sugar & Baking Powder.
- Next, add the Milk & Egg to your dry ingredients & whisk well.
- Heat the Oil in a 8 or 10 inch skillet to 350 degrees. (I use a candy thermometer to keep track of the temperature)
- While your oil is heating, start skewering the dogs!
- Important note! I always Pat the dogs dry with paper towels before dipping them.
- Next, Pour your batter into 2 Pint size Beer glasses🍻 for easy dipping.
- Dip & Roll your dogs in the batter!
- Drop your corn dog gently into the hot oil.
- Cook 1-2 corn dogs at a time until beautifully golden brown ~ 3 minutes or so.
- Set your dogs on a paper towel to cool
👉🏼 Pepper jack & Cheddar make delish “Cheese on a Stick!” For a quick cheese on a stick use string cheese already to go! Just skewer!
Corn dog parties with soda pops are a classic! I Love em!💘
Kids love these, Adults love these & I love how easy these are to make!
Homemade Corn dogs Rule!
Happy Baking Happy Camping Happy Wheeling🍴
🌷 The Aspiring Mountain Mama🌷