I love these fish tacos & happy to say so do the kids! I don’t have a ton of pictures to post but what I did shoot looks delish! I absolutely love the pretty plates that I picked up from Goodwill. A super awesome find & I purchased all 4 Dinner plates & 3 Salad plates! I’ve made these tacos before & honestly they have gotten better & better over time. That’s the wonderful thing about cooking as in life, the more you practice the better you get!
My recipe is from this Cook book that my mother in law gave me as a Christmas gift back in 2004.
The fish recipe is from the cute little lady at Costco who gave us all samples on a Friday afternoon while we were shopping for groceries.😊
I’m cracking up here 😂 As I’m collecting the info for this post I am finding that I don’t do these tacos like the recipe in the cookbook at all anymore! No Oregano, No Chili Powder, No Cloves & No Flour. I only use the recipe now for the vibrant purple cabbage!
The cabbage is deliciously fresh & loaded with fresh squeezed zesty lime juice!
Here is the link to Amazon, for The Super Awesome Electric Skillet that my niece Punk purchased for me for my birthday! I💜 it!!! Thanks again Punka😘
Alright! Here’s the recipe~
4 Fish fillets
Salt & Pepper to taste
1-2 Lemons Juiced
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 to 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- Heat your electric skillet to 400 degrees, add your Olive oil & Butter.
- Next, cut your fillets out of there individual packages & rinse them off with cool water, Yes I wash the fillets.🤗
- Next, throw fillets in the skillet, Salt & Pepper them & Cover.
- Set your timer for 4 minutes…. ⏲
- After 4 minutes flip those babies over & enjoy briefly the beautiful golden brown fillets before you eyes!
- Squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the tops, Cover again & Turn off the heat.
- Let them cook for another minute & viola they are ready to eat!
- How simple is that?
Now for the Cabbage~
I used half of a small head of Purple Cabbage & threw it in my Cuisinart using the medium slicing blade.
- Next, add your sliced cabbage to your nice bowl
- Add 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- Add 2-3 cloves of fresh crushed Garlic
- The juice of 2 Limes
- Mix & your done!
To garnish I chopped up some Fresh Cilantro & Fresh White Onion
I served these 🐟tacos with a pot of Spanish Rice, Fresh homemade Spicy Salsa, homemade Pinto beans & Sour cream for the fam bam who enjoys it!
Are you hungry yet? 🍽 I am!
I would Love to hear if you try these out & encourage you to post some cool pics of your finished plate!😘
Until next time!
Happy Baking Happy Camping Happy Wheeling🍴
🐟The Aspiring Mountain Mama🐟