This is one of those recipes that is requested time & time again! These scones are Deeelicious!!! Buttery, Flakey, Crunchy bits of heavenly goodness!!! I just love how they break apart into scrumptious, yummy bites!
And who is the woman behind these Scones? Whom must we all thank for this easy & always delightful recipe? My Beautiful cousin Dane!
I love you Dane, your the best & so is this recipe!!!
These scones are really simple & quick to prepare! I mean who wouldn’t want to wake up to such a delightful homemade breakfast treat! They smell amazing & taste just as amazing!
Believe it or not… I never really liked Scones before this recipe… Why…? Well, because I like sweet stuff and scones have never really excited my sweet tooth. Until Dane baked these!
And Now my life will never be the same! I love these, I love baking them, I love trying out new fruit flavors! I simply can’t get enough! Honestly, neither can anyone else who has tried them!
These scones have endless fruit possibilities! You can use ANY fruit🍓🍑🍍Dried, frozen or mixed! They all work in this recipe! I’ve baked fresh strawberry, frozen blueberry, mixed berries (raspberry, blueberry & blackberry), Pineapple & now sweet Cherry!
Here is my simple recipe for 🍒Sweet Cherry Scones🍒 ~
3 Cups of Flour
1/3 Cup Sugar
2 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Cup Fresh & Ripe Cherries, washed & pitted
3/4 Cup Butter
1 Cup Buttermilk
- First, add all of the dry ingredients into a nice bowl. I use my wire whisk & gentle fold the ingredients to mix.
- Next, cut in the butter with your pastry blender. I never knew what a pastry blender was until I made this recipe!🤗
- Now add your fruit & the buttermilk.
- Very Important Note! For tender scones, HANDLE as little as possible!
- I use my plastic spatula & gently fold until combined.
- Drop onto parchment paper & gently pat to form a circle.
- Cut into 8 or 9 pieces & place onto a buttered baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the tops with some Sugar!
- Now, Bake @ 425 for 13-15 minutes until golden brown!
Cool for ~ 3-5 minutes & then transfer onto your cooling rack. Then cool for an additional 5 minute or so before digging in!
I just can’t help myself & have to admire with you the beautiful Golden Brown!
As much as we always want to dive right in & eat them immediately, DON’T do it! You will BURN your mouth off on the piping hot fruit! Believe me we have done it!
Have fun with all of the fruit flavors & Enjoy!!!
Please share a pic or two if you try this recipe out! I’d love to see your creation!
If your interested you can Follow me on Instagram for more fun pics of my Food, Metal Stamping, Candle Making & Camping Adventures in our custom off roading Buggy @aspiringmountainmama!
Also check out my Etsy shop @ AspiringMountainMama for Custom Hand Stamped Bangle Bracelets & Utensils🍴!
Thank you so much for joining me!!!
Until next time!
Happy Baking Happy Camping Happy Wheeling🍴
🍒The Aspiring Mountain Mama🍒