Cake for Breakfast! Who is ever going to complain about that? Certainly not me or my little tribe! 💁🏼
I love whipping this one up on the weekends for my family & boy are they always happy!
With our school mornings so busy, there really isn’t time to get all fancy & bake something nice. So on the weekends I go BIG!💥
What’s wonderful about this recipe is how simple it is to make, and you gotta love that!
Here’s my recipe for this delicious Breakfast Cake!
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter @ room temperature
1 Cup of Sugar
1 Egg also @ room temperature
1 Teaspoon Vanilla (or more I love Vanilla)
1 Orange Zested
2 Cups Flour ~ Set aside 1/4 Cup to toss with the Blueberries!
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
2 Cups Fresh or Frozen berries
1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- Preheat your oven to 350′ F
- With your favorite Hand Held Mixer or Stand Mixer, cream the Butter with the Orange Zest & the cup of Sugar.
- Next, add the Egg & Vanilla, & beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl toss the Blueberries with the 1/4 C of Flour that you set aside.
- Whisk together the remaining Flour, Baking Powder and Salt.
- Now add 1/2 of the Flour mixture into the batter.
- Add all of the Buttermilk.
- Stir in the the rest of the Flour.
- Fold in the blueberries, Do not add the excess flour from the blueberry bowl!
- Butter up your 10 inch Cast Iron. (Or use Cooking Spray, I use butter!)
- Spread the batter into your skillet. (The batter will be thick)
- Shower the top with Sugar!
- And bake for ~ 40-45 minutes until golden or a toothpick inserted comes out clean!
- Cool for ~ 10 minutes before diving in! The fruit is always piping hot!
- I have always used frozen fruit.
- I like to mix up the berries with raspberries, blueberries & black berries! Yummy!
- You can also use a lemon🍋 instead of an orange🍊! I love the Orange zest but I’m also a BIG fan of Lemon too! Honestly, I just use whichever I have available at home! Both are delish!
- You can also bake this in a 9×13 rectangular dish! I love my Cast Iron but if you don’t have one No Problem!
This Breakfast cake is a family favorite in our house🏡 & always gone in a flash!
Pat yourself on the back because you just found a winner 🏆 with this one!
This is that recipe thats going to create those lasting memories that your children will continue to remember when they are all grown up!
Follow me on Instagram for more of Aspiring Mountain Mama’s family favorite recipes, Metal Stamping, Hand Poured Soy Candles & Homemade Soaps! You can find me here!👉🏽Come on over & check me out! Instagram
Until Next time!
Thank you for stopping by!
Happy Baking Happy Camping Happy Wheeling!
❤️The Aspiring Mountain Mama❤️